Busy Week

I didn’t have time to take pictures this week, so there are only two offerings.

I’ve been tied up with editing, and this was my last week to take care of R’s property while he was up north. I’ve been doing this the last four and a half weeks, and I can readily say I’m tired of it. His cats are shedding, and I had to chase tufts of hair on the tile floors every day. The female hides under the couch; I dread to think what’s under there, but hey! Not my job to move furniture to find out.

Because so much hair was coming off ’em, puked-up hairballs were nearly a daily occurrence. Gross.

The electric pool cleaner (think Roomba for water) wasn’t functioning well, and despite expert (?) advice from several people, eventually I had to let it go. It’s R’s problem now; he can deal with it. While the pool isn’t filthy, it isn’t as clean as usual, either, and Dolores (that’s what I call the thing) is too old to get up the sides anymore. That means sweep-cleaning them and the steps manually. I did it twice. That was enough, though R would probably disagree.

He says he’s going back up north in August. I’m thinking he should impose on a family member for that trip. 

Regarding the WIP: I’ve crossed the 51K mark and am closing in on the end. It’s been eight months since I released anything, and I feel bad about that. Terrible, in fact. And guilty, like I should have worked harder or something. The truth is, I’ve had so much editing to do, I haven’t wanted to write. When you’re busy fixing someone else’s words, it’s difficult to create your own. The last thing you want to do after focusing that hard for six to eight hours is write.

I came up with this plan to write a couple hours first thing in the morning, while I was fresh, but it’s hard for me to stick to that. My work ethic is so strong, I feel like I’m shirking my duty if I don’t put the editing first.

Yes, my writing is work, but there is no immediate reward for doing it, so I tend to put it lower on my priority list.

And then there are all the regular daily things that require my attention. A lot of that (dusting, cleaning, shopping) does not get done in a timely manner, and some I don’t bother doing at all. So what if there’s dust on the DVR player? It’s not like I eat off it.

I have sky photos today. This first one was taken at R’s in early evening. While the sky was mostly blue over me at the time, it was very dark to the north. I heard a lot of thunder while I was outside watering the plants. You can see how the clouds were moving west. Turned out they were also moving south; within an hour, they were over me, too.Far AwayThunder 6.3.15 sm

This sunrise photo was taken this morning. Suki woke me up because she had to go out, and by the time she finished, I was wide awake. Sunrise 6.5.15  sm

Getting up too early makes me feel tired and out of sorts. Although it’s great seeing the sun rise, I could live without it.

Think I’ll go back to bed for a while and re-start this day in a couple hours. Enjoy your weekend!


About Fenraven

Fenraven happily lives in south Florida, where it is really hot most of the year. Find him on Twitter, Google +, and Facebook by searching on 'fenraven'.
This entry was posted in photography, RL and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Busy Week

  1. Jaycee Edward says:

    I’m up early too and don’t like it. I’m a night owl by nature.

  2. Patricia says:

    You’re like me, just watch the sunsets, not the sunrise. Is there that much difference? Am a confirmed night owl who spent too many years up at dawn.

    • Working for a living ruined my normal “go to bed late, get up” late biorhythm. I despise alarm clocks and always have. I think it sucks the entire business world revolves around the standard 8-to-5 workday. They can stick it where the sun don’t shine.

  3. Helena Stone says:

    Gosh, I wouldn’t have minded going back to bed this morning but alas, the day job is just not that tolerant 🙂 Love, love, love the sunrise picture. You can thank Suki from me for getting you up to take it.

  4. Allison says:

    Glad to hear the book is going well, I look forward to hearing more about it.

    I hope the weekend is relaxing and that, not that R is home, you can focus on yourself a bit more now.

    • Before going back to bed, I put the cellphone in the other room because I just knew he would call and wake me up, then bitch about, “Do you know what time it is?” I’m so damn tired of people telling me how to live my life!

      I checked the phone. He called at 9:30.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s